- It finally turned cold enough here for me to start wearing some of my Fall and Winter clothing. I love fall and winter clothing more than summer clothing, and thus I want as many opportunities as possible to wear the sweaters and corduroy skirts in my closet.
- This summer I spent the month of July living out of a suitcase (was only home for 3 nights), so I feel that was my own little 30 for 30 challenge. Especially because I had to have clothing for everything from climbing snow covered mountains in Calgary, to attending a wedding, to attending a professional meeting, to a weekend at my parents' summer cottage.
- While I applaud the participants' commitments to not shop for 30 days, several of the posts I have read thus far discuss buying things specifically for the challenge. I don't mean any offense my this, but it sort of seems like someone committing to not buy any more junk food for two weeks, so before that two weeks starts they stock up on potato chips and ice cream to get them through that two weeks.
- I am single, and if I actually manage to have a date or two during the next 30 days, I want my full closet at my disposal.
- Mixture of solids and prints.
- Not going for the obvious....both trousers I chose have a pattern, because using plain black pants seemed too easy.
- Not limiting myself to one neutral family......would be easy to pick things that all go with black, or all go with brown.
- Mixture of textures.
- Varying necklines and shapes to garments.
Basics: White button down shirt, black sheath dress, black knee high boots, jeans, gray cardigan, black cami, and white cami. (i.e things in every woman's closet)
Need more print? How about these two dresses:
A few more odds and ends....chunky beige sweater, olive green corduroy a-line skirt, brown plaid pants (that I would need to iron the cuffs of), and black and gray striped pants:
And to top it all off....or rather bottom it off, 3 pairs of shoes/boots to join the black knee-high boots as my footwear:
Well that's it...........actually it is only 29 pieces, but since I am not really doing the challenge, I don't have to play by the rules!