Monday, September 20, 2010

where is Fall?

I am starting to get oh so jealous of friends who can embrace fall fashion, while I still suffer through 90 degree days.  This dress is probably one of the oldest items in my wardrobe.  It was one of the few items that I kept after losing 50 pounds.  My mom did some wicked alterations to salvage this dress I couldn't part with.  She even shortened it (used to be just past my knees) despite her opinion that longer was better.  This was the dress I wore to my 10 year high school reunion in 2004.  And too a few weddings that year as well.  It is a great jersey that never wrinkles, takes up virtually no space in a suitcase, and feels as comfy as pajamas.  I wasn't teaching today, but I still feel funny with bare arms with students around in the halls, so I added my yellow cashmere cardigan.

1 comment:

Lorena said...

This dress is so flattering.
It was a good call that you decided to keep it and alter it. I thought it was a new dress.
YOU sport it beautifully :)
Have a nice weekend.