Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Last Hurrah!

After a summer that seemed to arrive in February, we are finally having some decent spring weather with highs in the 60s today.  So it was an excuse for one last spin in some of my knee high boots before they disappear for months.
 
The shirt is a recent find at the Green Jeans consignment sale ($5).  The sweater is Ann Taylor via Goodwill ($3.79).  The skirt is Banana Republic via a consignments store.  The navy skirt was priced $18, but I had a Groupon, so I bought $65 worth of clothing with the Groupon I spent $20 on.  I must admit I own this exact skirt in khaki and dark brown (both thrifted at Goodwill).    I try not to buy things in multiples, but this a-line skirt fits me so well, and in neutral colors, it seems so practical that I can't lose.  The real question is, since I got all three colors of this skirt via second hand options.....why are so many women getting rid of a perfect skirt?

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I imagine that on some body proportions, that skirt is just a smidge too short for comfort. That'd be my guess. I got rid of a couple of above-knee skirts at the sale, I just didn't like having to think about how far they were hiking up every time I sat down.

Meagan said...

We've had a super early summer too and I finally got to break my knee high boots out again today! I'm going to miss them. Glad you got to wear yours once more. Thanks for linking up with Thursdays are for Thrifters!
-Meagan
www.brassinpocketblog.com