Tuesday, March 29, 2011

love at first sight

This past weekend, a canceled date resulted in a little retail therapy (bad I know!).  But at least I only went to the Goodwill and Salvation Army.  This dress was love at first sight.....zebra print and a wrap dress with a collar.....what's not to love?  And it was my size too!  The brand is Eva Franco, who I am not familiar with, but after googling the designer, I am pretty sure my $4.99 dress is a bargain.   On-line it looks like most of her dresses are in the $200 range.  The fabric is a medium weight jersey with a decent amount of stretch. 
I was originally going to wear it with a red cardigan, but my new cashmere cardigan from the Talbot's Outlet was begging to be worn (got it with giftcards for $21, originally $169), after all it has pockets.  Then I felt too black and white, so I switched the black tights out for some red tights.  But then it was too much red with my shoes, so I switched the heels for the black boots.  A lot of changes considering I had *decided* what to wear last night!  The dress is a true wrap, so it definitely needs a slip in case it gets windy outside.  It also has fun french cuffs that I will show off next time I wear this dress.

No comments: