Tuesday, February 7, 2012

what to keep.....

I am trying to do a closet clean out as there is a large consignment event occurring near me next month.  And the ability to make a little cash on unworn items is a good motivation.  It is also making me realize I have several items in my closet that have never been worn (at least by me, since the majority are from Goodwill).  And I am not talking about casual weekend wear that seldom gets photographed, but does get worn.  So I don't know if I will call this a challenge maybe more of a goal.......I am going to try and not buy any new clothing items until I have worn all of the unworn items in my closet.  This does not mean I will only wear things I haven't worn before, I will still be wearing plenty of old favorites.  But if I feel the need for something new I should look to my own closet.  A few weeks ago I pulled on a Ralph Lauren sweater that I bought at the Salvation Army (new with tags) over a year ago but had never worn....and since then it has been in heavy rotation (just not on days I happen to photograph).  It reminded me that there was a reason I loved it enough to buy it.
This sweater was a recent Goodwill purchase ($3.99) and is 100% silk.  While I don't usually gravitate towards bright colors, the one exception has always been how I love hot pink and black together.

No comments: