Thursday, October 27, 2011

Quientessential

I have decided that cardigans are my preferred uniform of choice.  I wear then year round, as most places, including my office have the air conditioning way too high in summer.  In the business casual world, cardigans to a woman are like khaki pants to a man.....you can't go wrong with one.
This outfit was quickly thrown together so that I could take my doggie out for her morning walk and potty break.  (Although I threw on different shoes for the walk.)  It is pretty much a quintessential outfit for me....classic skirt, top, cardigan and heels.  It is not only the pieces combined but the brands and how I purchased them that makes it quintessentially me.  The skirt is Banana Republic purchased at Goodwill for $3.79.  The top is Ann Taylor purchased at Goodwill for $3.79.  The sweater is 100% cashmere from the Talbot's Outlet purchased with a birthday giftcard (Don't remember exact price but under $35).  The shoes were picked up on clearnace at a Famous Footwear in 2003 for $7.50.  So not only are these pieces from my favorite stores, but out of pocket this whole outfit cost me under $15!

No comments: